Pesto pasta salad. This pesto pasta salad is pasta with mozzarella cheese, olives, tomatoes and pine nuts, all tossed with fresh basil pesto. An easy side dish that's perfect for a potluck or picnic. This pesto pasta salad recipe is bursting with bold, fresh flavors!
Summer pesto pasta salad with fresh basil pesto, spiral pasta, pine nuts, olives, peas, and cherry tomatoes. Both of my hands are raised. Speaking of good food, you guys are going to LOVE this Pesto Pasta Salad. You can have Pesto pasta salad using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pesto pasta salad
- You need 1/2 lb of pasta.
- It's 3/4 cup of prepared pesto.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
- You need 1 cup of chopped/crumbled feta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of crasins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped broccoli.
- You need 1/2 cup of almonds toasted.
- You need 1 of optional-roasted chicken for the must eat meat folks.
It is the perfect summer pasta salad. Pasta salads are the ultimate summer move, especially when it's too hot to use the oven. Adding an easy homemade pesto to pasta salad elevates it to much more than a picnic or barbecue side. Classic pasta salad made with creamy pesto dressing and roasted tomatoes.
Pesto pasta salad step by step
- Cook pasta. Best options include bowtie but anything works from orzo to elbow.
- Chop onion and broccoli add to bowl.
- Add feta and crasins.
- Add pesto and hot pasta mix well adding a bit more pesto to taste..
- Serve warm add toasted almonds to each serving.
- If you must roasted chicken can be added for meat eaters..
The perfect quick + easy side dish. Pasta salad lasts for days in the fridge, making it great for potlucks and picnics. Before tossing the pesto with the pasta, you'll add three simple upgrades: lemon juice, mayo, and spinach. Pesto Pasta Salad combines our favorite Italian inspired ingredients in a creamy pesto dressing! Juicy ripe tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and olives and zesty sundried tomatoes and the perfect combination.