Pesto pasta with broccoli. Add the broccoli pesto and mix through the pasta to coat. Serve with a few cheese shavings, if you like. Add your roasted broccoli, cooked pasta, and fresh pesto to a bowl along with sun-dried tomatoes and macadamia nut cheese (optional).
Homemade broccoli pesto with raw broccoli, fresh basil, and a bit of parmesan. All tossed with hot pasta, fried lemon, and creamy ricotta cheese. This dish makes for a vibrant pasta bowl that's perfect for Meatless-Monday, or any. You can cook Pesto pasta with broccoli using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pesto pasta with broccoli
- You need 1 of lots of fresh basil.
- It's 1 of pine nuts.
- You need 3 large of garlic cloves or more.
- It's 1 of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of half cup olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of juice of a large lemon.
- It's 1 of salt pepper and chilli flakes.
- You need 1 large of head of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 of any noodle I like spirals penne or large macaroni.
No cream, no butter… just pesto and good old fashioned Mediterranean olive oil. Steamed broccoli adds a healthy boost, and a sprinkle of parmesan really brings together the flavors (if you're vegetarian, use a vegetarian or vegan parmesan). Pesto Pasta with Broccoli and Lemon. I'm a big fan of pesto pasta, so when I saw Gaby's version in her new book Eat What You Want (affiliate link), I was game!
Pesto pasta with broccoli step by step
- Put basil nuts garlic cheese oil lemon spices in a food processor and whiz It all up. Add more oil in need.
- Cook your pasta accordingly.
- Cut up broccoli into chunks.
- Add broccoli to pasta in the last few minutes of cooking..
- Strain water saving half a cup of the water.
- Toss pesto through pasta and broc. Add water to loosen it up.
- Enjoy... You'll probably eat it all in one go like I do.
So if you're trying to sneak it past some picky eating kids, there's a good chance they will spy with their. This take with an easy broccoli pesto pasta is one of the ways I keep the pasta/pesto combination alive during the colder months when basil isn't as abundant. Best of all, this dish is gluten-free (thanks to Barilla chickpea pasta) with a suggestion on how to make it vegan! Most kids, mine included, love pasta and pizza so I love to find small ways to make them a little bit healthier. This broccoli pesto, which has two cups of fresh broccoli plus a cup of vitamin-rich parsley, is our current new fav!