Smoky seared scallops with pesto. I dusted the scallops with smoked paprika then quickly seared them in butter and bacon drippings. If you don't have leftover or freshly This sweet corn puree also works well with grilled shrimp, chicken or pork chops. Helpful tools and equipment to make Seared Scallops with Smoky.
Scallops are on most nice restaurant menus these days, and for good reason. Perhaps a seared beef on some orrechiette pasta. Really you could use the Pesto on anything. You can cook Smoky seared scallops with pesto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoky seared scallops with pesto
- It's 1 dozen of Large Scallops.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- It's 1 tbsp of Course ground black pepper.
- It's 2/3 cup of Good homemade or store bought pesto.
- You need 1/2 of lemon cut in wedges.
- You need 2 tbsp of good olive oil.
I would make a couple changes to it though. This salmon was flaky and flavorful. I seasoned with salt pepper and garlic powder. I couldn't get the large scallops so I used a bag of frozen mini scallops (thawed).
Smoky seared scallops with pesto step by step
- Start grill on a hot flame, preferably charcoal. Rinse scallops under cold water and pat dry..
- Coat scallops with cayenne, salt, pepper and set aside. Place iron skillet on grill and heat olive oil..
- Once hot add scallops and cook 90 seconds then turn. Continue cooking for 90 more seconds while sueezimng lemon wedges and toping with pesto.
- Remove from heat all let rest for 3 minutes and serve..
Explore fun and easy ways to prepare seasonal veggies and seafood with student chef Aimee Tortorich from the Louisiana Culinary Institute. Pan-Seared Scallops with Tomatoes and Pesto. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly coat pan with cooking spray.