Pesto. Pesto (Italian: [ˈpesto], Ligurian: [ˈpestu]), or to refer to the original dish pesto alla genovese (Italian pronunciation: [ˈpesto alla dʒenoˈveːse, -eːze]), is a sauce originating in Genoa. sous-pesto. Toss through pasta and pasta salad, spread on toast, use as a dip, dollop on everything! What to do with all that basil at the end of summer?
The pesto will more easily stay vibrant green and the flavor of the basil will still come through, though just not as strongly. Learn how to make pesto with this delicious, easy pesto recipe which includes basil, pine nuts and Parmesan to give it a beautiful fresh flavour. Fresh basil, Parmesan & pine nuts. You can cook Pesto using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto
- Prepare 1 cup of packed fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Toast pine nuts: place them in a skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant. Cool..
- Place all but olive oil in food processor and turn it on. While running, drizzle the olive oil in until combined. Store in fridge..