Kolokithokeftedes (Greek zucchini balls).
You can cook Kolokithokeftedes (Greek zucchini balls) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kolokithokeftedes (Greek zucchini balls)
- Prepare 4 of zucchini (large).
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kefalograviera (grated) or other hard cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mint (chopped).
- It's 1/2 cup of dill.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Kolokithokeftedes (Greek zucchini balls) instructions
- Grate zucchini and use cheese cloth to squeeze out as much water as possible. Don't be lazy!.
- Finely dice onion and saute till translucent. Beat eggs, set aside..
- Sift flour with baking powder, set aside..
- Combine zucchini, sautéed onion, mint and dill, grated cheese breadcrumbs and flour. Add eggs. Mixture should be able to keep shape. Refrigerate mixture or adjust amount of breadcrumbs..
- Form small - medium size balls or patty and deep fry till golden brown color. Serve with tzatziki.