Pesto. Pesto (Italian: [ˈpesto], Ligurian: [ˈpestu]), or to refer to the original dish pesto alla genovese (Italian pronunciation: [ˈpesto alla dʒenoˈveːse, -eːze]), is a sauce originating in Genoa. sous-pesto. Toss through pasta and pasta salad, spread on toast, use as a dip, dollop on everything! What to do with all that basil at the end of summer?
The pesto will more easily stay vibrant green and the flavor of the basil will still come through, though just not as strongly. Learn how to make pesto with this delicious, easy pesto recipe which includes basil, pine nuts and Parmesan to give it a beautiful fresh flavour. Fresh basil, Parmesan & pine nuts. You can have Pesto using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pesto
- You need of Pesto.
- It's 1 cup of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's 1/3 cup of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Walnut pieces.
- Prepare 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- To measure, firmly pack basil leaves into measuring cup. Rinse leaves with cool water, and pat dry thoroughly. Peel the garlic..
- Place basil, garlic, parmesan, oil and nuts in blender. Blend on medium speed about 3 minutes, occasionally stop and scrape sides, until smooth..
- Cilantro pesto: substitute 3/4 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves and 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves for basil..
- Spinach winter pesto: substitute 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach leaves and 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, or 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves, for the 1 cup fresh basil..