Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken. Place on a large serving plate. Cook pasta according to package directions in unsalted water. Drain and toss with pesto (see recipe below) and place in large pasta bowl or platter.
Add chicken, pasta, and tomatoes to pesto. This version of Cilantro Pesto has pepitas, lime and jalapeño……so tasty! In this recipe I use rice noodles, which keeps this summer pasta salad You can easily add grilled shrimp, chicken or fish to this, to turn it into more of a main course. You can cook Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- You need of Cilantro Pesto.
- You need 2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted.
- It's 1/4 cup of romano (or parmesan) cheese, grated.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 lb of mini farfalle (bow tie) pasta.
- You need 4 of -6 chicken breasts.
- It's 1 envelope of McCormick lime mojito marinade (Thanks Ray Ray, now I'm hooked! lol).
You will love our pesto pasta with grilled chicken recipes. Cilantro lovers will love this pasta and chicken dish coated with fresh cilantro pesto. Cook chicken tenders quickly on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro and sesame seeds for a zesty, speedy dinner. Serve with: Quinoa and grilled asparagus.
Cilantro Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken instructions
- Mix McCormick marinade according to package directions and marinate chicken for 15-30 minutes..
- Grill chicken on the grill outdoors or indoors on a stove top cast iron grill pan..
- Let chicken rest for 5 to 6 minutes then cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Set aside..
- Toast pine nuts in a non stick dry skillet over medium high heat until slighty toasted and golden brown stirring constantly..
- To a blender or a food processor add all ingredients for pesto except olive oil..
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil from the top of the blender on low speed to form a thick sauce. Set aside..
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and set aside..
- Add pasta back to pasta pot. Mix in pesto and stir to combine thoroughly over low heat to warm. Add 3 cut up chicken breasts to pasta and pesto stirring again to incorporate well..
- Use remaining cut up chicken breasts to garnish on top of the pasta. Can top with freshly grated romano or parmesan cheese and fresh cilantro leaves if desired..
The pesto is made with cilantro instead of basil and the chicken is prepared satay-style with peanut butter and red chili sauce. Add cilantro pesto; toss to coat well. Isn't pesto one of the best foods ever created? The flavor is so bold and vibrant, and when it's homemade it's just bursting with fresh flavor. Add it to spaghetti with some sweet roasted cherry tomatoes and some perfectly grilled chicken strips and you've got a meal worth remembering!