Pasta w/ walnut pesto. Use with pasta or as a spread on bread or toast. All photos and content are copyright protected. Pasta with fresh basil, walnuts, garlic pesto.
Soak white bread in the milk. This pasta is loaded with fresh basil, walnuts, roasted tomatoes, wilted spinach and arugula. I had an abundance of fresh basil and leftover walnuts which needed to be put to good use. You can cook Pasta w/ walnut pesto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta w/ walnut pesto
- You need 20 grams of pasley.
- Prepare 20 grams of basil.
- You need 1 cup of EVOO.
- It's 15 clove of garlic.
- It's 50 grams of butter.
- It's 50 grams of cream.
- Prepare 500 grams of speghetti.
- It's 200 grams of toasted walnut.
- It's 100 grams of bacon.
- You need 75 grams of parmesan cheese.
Pesto is typically made with fresh basil and pine-nuts. However nowadays you will see many variations of pesto. You can make pesto pasta with any pasta your heart desires. And even in today's recipe video, I say to use your favourite pasta.
Pasta w/ walnut pesto instructions
- Blitz parsley, walnut, basil, EVOO and garlic into a smooth paste..
- Mix in cream and butter with a spatula.
- Cut bacon into bits and brown. Add into the sauce..
- Add salt into boiling water. Cook speghetti until al dente. Reserve some pasta water..
- Drain pasta immediately and transfer into a big bowl. Mix in sauce along with parmesan. Gradually add in hot pasta water until your liking..
The image below is a rocket/arugula and walnut pesto - I love the combination of the spicy rocket and slightly bitter walnuts. Blend basil, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice together in a food processor until pesto has a paste-like consistency. Walnut Pesto: While the veggies roast, pulse pesto ingredients in a food processor. Pasta: Also while the veggies roast, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, toss with oil, and set aside.