Pesto Chicken and Rice.
You can cook Pesto Chicken and Rice using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pesto Chicken and Rice
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pesto sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of pesto tomato sauce.
- You need 2 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 cup of uncle bens brown rice.
- It's 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1/4 cup of grated parmesean cheese.
- You need 1 pinch of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mozza cheese.
- It's 1 head of broccoli.
- You need 2 tsp of butter or margarine.
- It's 1 pinch of garlic salt.
Pesto Chicken and Rice step by step
- Preheat oven to 350c.
- Cut chicken breasts into quarters.
- Place chicken in bowl. Pour the pesto on top, followed by lemom juice and a bit of pepper. Let sit for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven to 300c and cook for 55 minutes, covered..
- Combine rice, butter with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium..
- In a separate pot, boil water and butter. Add broccoli and reduce heat to medium-high.
- Drain any excess water from rice, add pesto tomato sauce and simmer. Stir occasionally..
- Drain most of the water from the broccoli, leaving a little bit in the pot. Let sit on low-medium heat..
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a circle on the outside of the plate..
- Place rice in middle of plate, topped with mozzarella cheese..
- Place broccoli on top of rice, topped with parm cheese and black pepper..
- (opt) Serve with garlic toast!.