Pesto Pasta, with potatos, green beans, tomatoes and bacon. Pulse until mixture is coarse and grainy. Pappardelle pasta with green beans, cherry tomatoes and parsley pesto. This simple pasta sauce is fresh, flavourful and easy!
In Genoa, pesto's birthplace, Italians boil green beans, potatoes, and pasta (sometimes all in the same pot) and serve it with a pesto sauce. Cook the trenette pasta in salted water until al dente. Green Bean and Pesto Pasta Dumplings. You can cook Pesto Pasta, with potatos, green beans, tomatoes and bacon using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pesto Pasta, with potatos, green beans, tomatoes and bacon
- It's 500 grams of spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 8 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 of baby potatoes.
- You need 1 bunch of of green beans.
- Prepare 8 of rashers of bacon.
- It's 1 jar of of pesto.
The traditional pesto/potatoes/green beans pasta from Liguria asks for trofie, but technically many pasta shapes works with this sauce. And a little secret here for you. Green beans and potatoes bulk up this pesto pasta dish. All Reviews for Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans.
Pesto Pasta, with potatos, green beans, tomatoes and bacon instructions
- boil a saucepan of water, and add the potatoes, these should cook for around 20 minutes.
- dice a small onion and a few cloves of garlic, and using scissors cut the bacon into smallish squares.
- boil another saucepan, ready for the spaghetti.
- with 10 mins remaining on the potatoes, add the bacon, onion and garlic to a large frying pan, and fry on medium heat..
- also with 10 mins remaining on the potatoes, add the spaghetti to the saucepan you have just boiled. add salt to saucepan and stir every once in a while.
- with 5 mins remaining on potatoes (15 mins into entire cooking process), add some green beans to the potato saucepan. 3 mins later, add the cherry tomatoes.
- once the potatoes are done, so too should the bacon and spaghetti. drain both saucepans thoroughly, and mix the contents of each into a bowl. add the bacon, onion and garlic.
- add a jar of pesto to bowl and mix, ensuring an even cover. you may need more than one jar, as it is dependant on the quality and strength of pesto..
- serve. yum.
Pesto Chicken baked with tomatoes and green beans in ONE PAN for a flavor bursting meal-in-one OR just bake the chicken for a super easy dinner! You can serve the Pesto Chicken Bake as is, or with pasta, rice or mashed potatoes. You can prep the entire dinner ahead of time then refrigerate. Pesto pasta is one of those things that I crave, especially with crispy bacon and mushrooms, delicious! This pasta is brilliant for kids.