Minestrone with pesto. This minestrone soup recipe with pesto is basically a day's worth of vegetables in one amazing bowl. Here's an easy chicken minestrone with basil pesto! It's easy to adapt with whatever beans, pasta, and fresh vegetables you have in the pantry.
Freshly grate Parmesan cheese ; to. This delicious thick Italian soup contains a mixture of vegetables with tiny pasta pieces in a rich beef stock and is perfect for a cold winters evening. Claire Thomson: With seasonal vegetables and a generous dollop of homemade pesto, minestrone makes a luxurious meal for the whole family. You can have Minestrone with pesto using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone with pesto
- It's 1500 ml of stock or water.
- Prepare 45 ml of olive oil.
- You need 1 large of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of leek, sliced.
- It's 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of celery stick, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes, peeled and cut into small dice.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of sprig fresh thyme.
- You need 115 grams of peas, fresh or frozen.
- Prepare 3 of courgettes, finely chopped.
- You need 3 of tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 425 grams of cooked or canned beans, such as cannellini.
- It's 45 ml of pesto sauce.
- Prepare 1 of freshed parmesan cheese, to serve salt and ground black pepper.
This light and summery minestrone soup makes the most of springtime vegetables, don't forget a dollop of pesto on top. To make pesto : Place basil leaves, garlic cloves and oil in a blender and process until mixture is very finely chopped. Make the minestrone : Melt the butter in a large frying pan over moderate heat. This fire roasted minestrone soup is like a huge in a bowl.
Minestrone with pesto step by step
- In a large sauce pan, heat the stock or water untip it reaches simmering point.
- In another saucepan heat the olive oil. Stir in the onion and leek, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the onion softens..
- Add the carrots, celery and garlic, and cook over a moderate heat, stirring often, for a further 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for further 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in the hot stock water, and stir well. Add the bay leaf and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly, leave to cook for 10-12 minutes more..
- Stir in the peas, if fresh, and the finely chopped courgettes and simmer for a further 5 minute. Add the frozen peas, if using, and the chopped tomatoes. Cover the pan, bring slowly to the boil, bring slowly to the boil, then mixture for about 5-8 minutes..
- About 20 minutes before serving the minestrone, remove the lid, and stir in the beans. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the pesto sauc. Taste and ajust the seasoning if necessary. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Allow the soup to stand for few minutes, to bring out the flavours, then serve in warmed bowls. Serve the parmesan separately..
Chock full of vegetables, fire roasted tomatoes and butter beans, the bowl is topped off with a delicious kale pesto that adds even more. I love a good minestrone.so much veggie goodness, but so hearty, too. This recipe starts with just a little bit of all-natural I made the pesto with parsley, which I love, but feel free to use basil instead. Freshly made pesto adds body and richness to this soup. During the summer, when basil is plentiful and well priced, make up a double or triple batch of our.