pesto. Pesto (Italian: [ˈpesto], Ligurian: [ˈpestu]), or to refer to the original dish pesto alla genovese (Italian pronunciation: [ˈpesto alla dʒenoˈveːse, -eːze]), is a sauce originating in Genoa. sous-pesto. Toss through pasta and pasta salad, spread on toast, use as a dip, dollop on everything! What to do with all that basil at the end of summer?
The pesto will more easily stay vibrant green and the flavor of the basil will still come through, though just not as strongly. Learn how to make pesto with this delicious, easy pesto recipe which includes basil, pine nuts and Parmesan to give it a beautiful fresh flavour. Fresh basil, Parmesan & pine nuts. You can have pesto using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of pesto
- It's 1 cup of loosely packed fresh basil leaves.
- It's 1 small of clove of garlic crushed.
- You need 1 tbsp of pine nuts.
- You need 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan reggiono cheese.
- toast the nuts in a pan dont use oil and watch very closely as not to burn.
- except for olive oil put all ingredients into processor blend till coarsely chopped then drizzle in olive oil.