Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins.
You can have Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins using 16 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins
- You need 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries.
- It's 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of mashed fresh watermelon (with its juices).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- It's 4 large of pinches lemon zest.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of buttermilk.
- It's 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- It's 3/4 cup of small chopped walnuts.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of toasted watermelon seeds.
- It's of optional:.
- Prepare 1 of cool whip.
Hearty Fruit Salad Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle the 2tbl. Sugar on top. Let stand 15 minutes to let it emit juices. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl wisk together, watermelon, strawberries and all their juices, eggs, buttermilk, sugar and zest..
- Add wet to dry..
- Stir together until just incorporated. Do not overmix..
- Fold in blueberries and walnuts..
- Line 14 regular cupcake/muffin pan cups with paper liners. Or spray well with baking spray..
- Fill all 14 evenly with batter. It should be filled almost to the top of the liners..
- Sprinkle each evenly with toasted watermelon seeds..
- Bake about 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Let stand a few minutes..
- Transfer to wire rack for cooling..
- Serve and enjoy..
- Optional top with a dollop of cool whip just before serving.
- HINTS AND NOTES:.
- You can use oil or melted butter in replace of the buttermilk..
- You may use orange or lime zest in replace of the lemon zest..
- You can find my recipe for toasted watermelon seeds in my profile..
- Makes about 14 normal sized muffins..