Honey and yogurt fruit salad. If you are in the camp of persons who don't believe fruit salad needs a recipe* (don't worry, I've been there), this simple yogurt fruit salad might change your mind. Would you rather have a fruit salad with honey yogurt dressing or a slice of cake?! No back to the salad and this yummy healthy honey yogurt sauce.
My mom has been making this fruit salad with a honey yogurt dressing for as long as I can remember. We always had plain yogurt in the house growing up to serve with Lebanese food or to whip up a quick Cucumber Laban Sauce so it. Combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds in a bowl and set aside. You can have Honey and yogurt fruit salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Honey and yogurt fruit salad
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 cup of low fat plain yogurt.
- It's 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 large of oranges peeled and cut.
- Prepare 1 can of pineapple chunks.
- You need 1 cup of watermelon chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of peaches.
- Prepare 1 cup of Red seedless grapes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
Combine the orange juice and banana slices in a separate bowl. Add the berries and grapes and gently mix the fruit mixture together. My Moscato Fruit Salad is probably our most favorite for obvious reasons: BUT, this winning combination of tropical fruits drizzled with a honey orange yogurt dressing makes for the best homemade fruit salad that everyone can enjoy. Honey-sweetened yogurt spooned over fresh fruit is a refreshing addition to any meal but especially brunch.
Honey and yogurt fruit salad instructions
- Mix fruit together in your serving bowls.
- Mix honey, yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon. drizzle over fruit and serve.
- You can also use the honey/yogurt as dip and not choose to pour over top of your fruit..
- NOTE**u can sub the honey for peanut butter.
You can prepare and refrigerate the yogurt The fruits in this salad really mix well. I was not sure if everyone would want coconut flakes and the almond slivers so I left them in respective bowls. Strawberries, watermelon, raspberries and pomegranate seeds make for a juicy, sweet and delicious red fruit salad. A dollop of yogurt and drizzle of honey finishes it off. I love how travel inspires so many of my recipes.