Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style. Otherwise dry-roasted, unsalted cashews Be careful not to burn it. In a large serving bowl toss the cold cooked rice, raisins, cashews, carrot, and apple together, mixing well. White rice tossed with broccoli, tomatoes, peas, corn, hard-cooked eggs, and chicken, dressed with a simple vinaigrette.
Cold Thai Rice Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce and CashewsSavoring the Good. red cabbage, ginger, cilantro, cashews, rice vinegar, unsweetened. Cashew Coconut Cauliflower Rice and Rocket Leaves. Fennel Salad with Apples and Oranges. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of medium green apple.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion.
- It's 1/3 cup of or so chopped Italian parsley.
- It's 1/4 cup of or so chopped raw cashews.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It's of Lemon juice.
- It's of Salt.
Turn over from time to time to provide even cooking. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this. The crunchy cashews give it good texture, which my husband always appreciates.
Cold rice salad with apples and toasted cashews, Western-style instructions
- Put rice in a big bowl. If it's stuck together, break it up gently with a fork..
- Peel and chop up the apple into small chunks..
- Peel and finely dice the onion..
- Finely chop up the parsley..
- Chop the raw cashews gently into halves or thirds, then toast them on the stove on medium-high until they turn a gentle brown and give off a nutty smell. Keep on an eye on them to be sure they don't burn..
- Add apple, onion, parsley, and toasted cashews to the rice, and mix together. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and squeeze on some fresh lemon juice, then mix again to evenly distribute the oil and acid. Salt to taste..
- You can eat it right away as the hungry girlfriend did or be patient like me and let it sit in the fridge overnight so the flavors blend together..
Give this Carrot Salad a try and let me know what you think! Oh and if you like this one, here's another Moroccan Style Carrot Salad you make I also threw in diced celery and apples. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad. Served sprinkled with the cashews and the remaining parsley.