Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. I was surprised by the instruction to sautee the uncooked rice, which promptly got a little burnt by my overacheiving stovetop, but otherwise everything went off without a hitch. This is a stunning, beautifully colored salad served on contrasting spinach leaves and topped with toasted coconut. It would make a wonderful luncheon Be careful not to burn it.
Fennel Salad with Apples and Oranges. Lemon Okras with Red Peppers and Cashews. Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- It's 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- It's 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- It's 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It's 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- You need 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- It's to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Yogurt (optional).
Cold Asian Vegan Rice Salad With VegetablesThe Spruce Eats. yellow bell pepper, green onions Warm Sesame Rice Salad with Cold Cucumber, Chive, and LimeCook the Story. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this. Our rice salad recipe collection features quick, easy & healthy recipes, including white, brown & wild rice salads.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Serve warm or cool with dressing. Remove from heat and stir wild rice with bell pepper mixture. Add dressing ingredients and shake well. Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San. Inventive Vegetarian's Apple Walnut Salad Wild Rice Salad with Chicken, Dried Cherries.