Greek Salad & Lemon Vinaigrette. Greek salad or horiatiki salad (Greek: χωριάτικη σαλάτα or θερινή σαλάτα) is a popular salad in Greek cuisine generally made with pieces of tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, feta cheese (usually served as a slice on top of the other ingredients), and olives (typically Kalamata olives) and dressed with salt. Greek salad (Horiatiki), is an iconic Mediterranean recipe that is dressed simply with a splash of Greek extra virgin olive oil and a little red wine vinegar (or lemon juice). This is an incredibly good Greek salad recipe, nice and tangy and even better in the summer when you use An INGENIOUS Greek salad recipe. absolutely loved it!
With only six ingredients - cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, olives, feta - it's one of the best healthy salad recipes. Known as horiatiki, this traditional Greek salad is made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, and feta. The easy dressing is a mixture of red wine vinegar. You can have Greek Salad & Lemon Vinaigrette using 16 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Salad & Lemon Vinaigrette
- You need 1 of Lettuce.
- It's 1 cup of Spinach Leaves.
- It's 3 of Fresh Spring Onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Dill chopped.
- It's 1/2 of Cucumber sliced.
- Prepare of Capers (optional).
- Prepare of Croutons (optional).
- Prepare of Feta (optional).
- Prepare of Lemon Vinaigrette:.
- You need 5 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- It's 1/2 of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon zest grated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of mustard.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
This Greek salad is a healthy vegetable packed appetizer drizzled with a homemade red wine vinegar dressing. Each serving contains creamy feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, bell peppers. A bright, fresh, classic Greek Salad recipe with a homemade Greek Salad Dressing. You can never have too many salad recipes right?
Greek Salad & Lemon Vinaigrette instructions
- Wash all your greens and let drain. In the mean time in a small bowl add all the ingredients for the Vinaigrette and whisk. Once the greens have completely drained add into a bowl along with the Capers, Croutons, Feta if you wish, (others enjoy adding Feta into this salad and others don’t, it really is up to what you enjoy eating with your green salad), slowly drizzle the Lemon Vinaigrette and toss. Kali Orexi!!.
This salad is a breeze to make and it's coated with such a delicious Greek salad dressing. This authentic Greek salad recipe is made simply with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, olives, oregano, and a red wine vinaigrette, and lots of feta cheese. Greek Salad is a delicious combination of crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers tossed with olives and feta cheese. This easy Greek salad recipe is refreshing & delicious! Made with cucumber, tomatoes, olives This easy Greek salad recipe is our new favorite summer side dish!