Grandmas strawberry spinach salad. Spinach, sliced fresh strawberries, feta, red onion, bacon and pecans. This recipe starts with a bed of spinach and red leaf lettuce. Toppings ideas are endless but I suggest you use bacon crumbles, sliced red onions, candied pecans, chopped bell peppers, fresh strawberries, and fried wontons.
All the tastes of summer are packed into this salad. But we're also throwing in another special ingredient! She also shares a pasta salad version of. You can cook Grandmas strawberry spinach salad using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandmas strawberry spinach salad
- It's of dressing.
- You need 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of poppyseed.
- It's 1 packages of spinach.
- It's 1 pints of strawberries.
- It's of candied nuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts or pecans.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of brown sugar.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour. Strawberry-Quinoa Spinach Salad We make quinoa with spinach and strawberries year-round, but it's most fun when we go to the farmers market to get the season's first berries. Spinach and tortellini go so well together, and this salad makes an easy meal with leftover cooked chicken.
Grandmas strawberry spinach salad step by step
- On medium heat toast nuts in pan on stove stirring often. After about 5-10 min add butter stir to evenly coat. when butter is melted add brown sugar and stir frequently till brown sugar is melted and stuck to nuts. Remove from pan.
- In a blender add all dressing ingredients, blend until combined..
- Wash and rinse spinach, slice strawberries..
- Combine all ingredients in salad bowl, serve and enjoy.
What really makes it special are the roasted onions that add oomph to bottled salad. This Strawberry Spinach Salad is best when made with tender baby spinach and sweet juicy strawberries. I like to top mine with crunchy toasted walnuts, tangy and creamy goat cheese and a few slivers of red onion. Dressed with a tasty homemade maple balsamic vinaigrette, this salad is simple yet special enough to make for company and special. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.