Watermelon and Feta salad. This super-easy but impressive salad recipe will quickly become one of your new favourites. Fresh, zingy and full of good stuff, it makes a brilliant Scoop out and chop the watermelon flesh into chunks, discarding the peel. This healthy and refreshing salad with watermelon, feta cheese, and fresh mint is dressed with olive oil and lime juice.
One of my fondest summer memories is the watermelon. Watermelon + cucumbers is one of the most refreshing combos of all time. Throw in some mint, red onion, and feta and toss it all with a very simple vinaigrette (just olive oil + red wine vinegar), and you've got yourself a mean summer salad. You can cook Watermelon and Feta salad using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Watermelon and Feta salad
- You need 1 of small whole seedless watermelon.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Juice of two limes.
- You need 1 c of pitted kalamata olives.
- You need 1/2 lb of feta cheese.
- It's 1/2 c of parsley and mint.
- Prepare to taste of red pepper flakes or chili oil.
- It's of Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Watermelon and feta salad with mint has become a staple summertime dish at my place, and I've learned a few things when adapting that recipe for home use. One: You can get rid of pretty much all of the extraneous ingredients. Two: The quality of the watermelon and, more critically, the feta is of. Watermelon and feta kinda run in my blood.
Watermelon and Feta salad step by step
- Finely slice red onion and marinate in the juice of two limes and set aside..
- Cut watermelon first in half..
- Then cut it into wedges.
- Then cut like this.
- And this....
- And finally like this to make equal sized bite size pieces.
- This is what the watermelon looks like all cut up.
- Then rinse the olives and cut them in half.
- Then cut up the feta like this.
- And then make small cubes.....
- Then mix it all together with the parsley, mint, a drizzle of olive oil and pepper, chili oil or red pepper flakes to taste. I like the combination of spice with the cool watermelon, the creamy and salty feta and the herbs. Delicious and healthy too!.
I have always loved the combination of salty feta over sweet, cool watermelon. Today's watermelon salad recipe is inspired by that childhood love. It's the neater, more grown up version with a big flavor punch from fresh herbs and a zesty. Watermelon Salad - an unexpected concoction of watermelon, mint, feta cheese, and red onion. This watermelon salad is surprisingly perfect in every way, blending sweet and savory in one delicious bite!