Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad From Auntie Gai. Young jackfruit salad is one of the recipes inside Cameron Stauch's new cookbook featuring vegetarian Vietnamese recipes. Drain the jackfruit, rinse well and gently squeeze out any excess water. Cut or pull apart into bite-sized strips or shreds, discarding any hard sections, and place in a.
The book is full of recipes for soups. The layers of taste and balances in this Gỏi is really explosive. Extremely rich from the proteins and fish sauce with bright herbaceous notes from the Rau Răm, mint, and cilantro. You can have Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad From Auntie Gai using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad From Auntie Gai
- Prepare 1/2 kg of young jackfruit.
- You need 4 of prawns.
- Prepare 100 g of pork belly.
- Prepare 50 g of roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves, herbs, country borage (Mexican mint).
- Prepare 100 g of bean sprouts.
- Prepare of fish sauce, lime, chili, garlic, sugar.
With each spoonful, you get a lovely crunch from the rice crackers and. Vietnamese Young Jackfruit & Shrimp Salad (Goi Mit Non Tom). If you are following any vegan trends, you probably heard of the use of young jackfruit as a pulled pork replacement. The Vietnamese have been using young jackfruit since forever as a meat replacement.
Vietnamese Young Jackfruit Salad From Auntie Gai step by step
- Slice young jackfruit into small pieces, rinse well then boil thoroughly in about 15 minutes. Drain in a colander..
- Boil the pork and steam the prawns until cooked through.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of fish sauce with 1 teaspoon of sugar, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1 chopped chili, juice from 1 squeezed lime. Mix well altogether in a bowl to have a gelatinous mixture..
- Slice cooked prawns and pork belly into small pieces..
- Slice all vegetables and herbs into small pieces..
- Mix young jackfruit, bean sprouts, sliced prawns and pork belly and mixed fish sauce altogether..
- Add sliced vegetables and herbs, crushed roasted peanuts into the above mixture..
- Transfer the contents to a serving plate and garnish the tops with some crushed roasted peanuts..
- This salad should be served with Vietnamese grilled rice crackers or shrimp chips..
Using a large sharp knife, cut the jackfruit in half lengthways to make it easier to work with. Carefully cut away the tough outer rind and discard. Drain the jackfruit, place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Weigh the jackfruit down with a small plate to ensure all the fruit is submerged. Young jackfruit salad, or also known as "Mit tron", is simply the young jackfruit boiled and torn into small thin strings then mixed well with bacon, shrimps or thin small strings of pork skin, fish sauce, Vietnamese mint, basil and People often eat young jackfruit salad with sesame rice cracker.