Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash.
You can cook Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash
- It's 1 each of butternut squash, large dice.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 4 oz of radishes, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 each of lime, juiced.
- You need 12 of leaves cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar, turbinado.
- You need 1 tsp of cooking oil.
- It's 10 oz of ground duck.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, diced small.
- Prepare 4 tsp of taco seasoning.
- It's 3 oz of water.
- It's 6 each of tortillas.
- It's 1/2 each of lime wedged.
- You need 2 oz of Cotija cheese.
Duck Tacos, Radish-Lime Salad, Cumin-Roasted Squash step by step
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, salt, and ground cumin. Spread across a heavy baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until squash is browned & tender..
- Combine the radish, lime juice, cilantro, and sugar. Set aside to use later as a garnish..
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil, and heat until shimmering and wisping smoke. Add the ground duck meat in an even layer, and cook without stirring or turning to brown, about 2-3 minutes..
- The duck will have rendered off a good amount of liquid, remove approximately half before proceeding. (You can reserve by chilling this liquid, and use it to cook with later, it has TERRIFIC flavor!).
- Stir in the diced onion, and cook while stirring until onion begins to turn translucent. Add the taco-seasoning blend, and continue to cook while stirring for 1-2 more minutes, then stir in water. Continue to cook while stirring for 2-3 more minutes. Combine the meat mixture with the cumin-roasted squash..
- Warm the tortillas. Make tacos using the meat mixture, radish salad, and Cotija cheese..
- Serve lime wedges as a garnish, and enjoy!.