Guadalupe Chili Pie.
You can cook Guadalupe Chili Pie using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Guadalupe Chili Pie
- You need of chili.
- Prepare 2 lb of lean ground beef or poultry.
- Prepare 1 envelope of chili seasoning.
- Prepare 15 oz of tomato sause.
- Prepare 15 oz of peach mango salsa.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare of Cornbread Topping.
- You need 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
Guadalupe Chili Pie step by step
- (on the stove or over charcoal) in a dutch oven brown the ground beef and onions.
- drain the rendered fat.
- add the tomato sauce, the chili seasoning, cayenne pepper, and peach mango salsa. Combine well and reduce heat, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, corn meal, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in milk, vegetable oil, and egg until well combined..
- pour mixture over chili and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.