Zucchini Lasagna (no noodles).
You can cook Zucchini Lasagna (no noodles) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna (no noodles)
- You need 2 medium of zucchinis sliced lengthwise approx 1/4" thick.
- You need 1 of breadcrumbs, panko, almond meal (whatever you have on hand).
- It's 1 of garlic clove minced.
- It's 1 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of Extra lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 medium of sized red pepper.
- Prepare 2 small of tomatoes, cut up.
- It's 1 of (6oz.) can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It's 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- It's 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, divided & beaten.
- It's 1 cup of Cottage cheese.
- It's 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, divided.
- It's 1 tsp of all-purpose flour.
Zucchini Lasagna (no noodles) step by step
- Lightly beat 1 of the large eggs. Egg wash and bread zucchini slices and set aside..
- Fry up garlic and onions until translucent, add ground beef and brown; drain fat. Add next 7 ingredients (until egg) and let simmer for approx 10 minutes..
- In a small bowl lighty beat egg. Add cottage cheese, half of the mozzarella (1/4c) and the flour.
- In an 8x8 baking dish arrange half the meat mixture. Top with half the breaded zucchini slices and all the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining meat then zucchini..
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake another 10 minutes. Optional broil on high for a minute or two to brown cheese..