AMIEs Perfect Crostata.
You can have AMIEs Perfect Crostata using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Perfect Crostata
- Prepare 1 of prepared pastry dough, enough for a 9inch pie pan.
- It's 1 of reserved dough, for the strips.
- You need 1 of small bottle of peach jam, if desired.
- Prepare 4 of large peaches, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sifted white sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of sifted flour.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
- It's 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
AMIEs Perfect Crostata instructions
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Set the prepared uncooked dough into an 9in pie plate with baking sheet..
- You can use a preserved peach jam or fresh fruits. By using fresh peaches, mix the peaches, sugar and flour together, stirring well to combine. Pour the mixture in the center of the pastry crust, leaving 2 inches around the edge. Fold up the edge of the dough over the edge of the filling to make a rim..
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and pour the butter evenly on top of the fruit mixture or peach jam..
- Make little balls out of the reserved dough and make each one into a strip, no need these to be perfect. Put the strips over the fruit mixture/jam, pressing lightly at the edges to adhere them to the crust..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let it cool..
- Serve, share and enjoy. You may serve it warm with ice cream, if you want..