Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿. Mutton and chicken are simmered with root vegetables and spices like ras el hanout in this spicy Algerian stew served over fluffy couscous. Comment faire la vraie graines de couscous, How to cook Couscous with meat and vegetables (The Algerian dish). Choumicha : Technique de cuisson du vermicelle fin à la vapeur : Seffa aux cheveux d'ange.
But it has benefits even in material terms. Saute onion in vegetable stock over med-low heat until translucent. Add all spices and cook for a few more minutes, stirring as needed. You can cook Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿 using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿
- It's 200 g of mutton meat 2 big pieces (good with some fat).
- Prepare 2 pieces of carrots.
- You need 2 pieces of courgettes.
- It's 1 of potatoes.
- It's 3 pieces of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of small spoon tomato paste.
- Prepare 50 g of chickpeas cooked in water.
- Prepare 10 g of coriander leafs.
Couscous is the national dish of Algeria, just like Paella is the national dish of Spain. It is made of tiny balls of Semolina pasta with a thin stew type sauce called Merga poured over the top. Each Wilayat, or region of the country has its own special recipe for Mergha. Couscous au beurre (couscous with butter) is a traditional couscous-based dish from Algeria, as well as Morocco and some parts of Tunisia.
Couscous Algerian way 😜🇩🇿 instructions
- Cut potatos, carrots and courgettes big pieces. Onions, garlic and coriander small pieces..
- In pressure cooker fry meat in oil all sides then add onion and garlic, let fry for a while then add black pepper, salt, red pepper and oregano, coriander (spice) and mix. Then add mashed tomato and tomato paste and let fry for a while.
- Add 4 cups of water and close the pressure cooker for 7 whistles..
- Open pressure cooker and add carrots, courgettes, coriander and chickpeas and close it again for 2 whistles (add water if necessary).
- Put raw couscous in bowl and add hot water until thin layer of water on top, until its full dry and hot add 10g of butter and some salt mix and add hot water again, cover it and let it rest untill dry again.
Mestouf is also served at traditional celebrations or family meals. In Moroccan and Algerian Jewish families, couscous au beurre is often prepared at the end. The Flag: Algeria emoji is a flag sequence combining 🇩 Regional Indicator Symbol Letter D and 🇿 Regional Indicator Symbol Letter Z. These display as a single emoji on supported platforms. Tea is Algeria's favorite drink served with fresh mint.