Zesty Chicken and Veggies. These spicy barbecue wings are so easy to make. I fix a double batch since my family thinks they're great. I've made this several times, veganizing it by using browned seitan in place of the chicken wings and it's fantastic.
Season the bird on all sides and in the cavity with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme leaves. While seasoning the bird, make sure that enough seasoning has fallen onto the veggies below to give them good flavor. To truss the chicken, fold the wingtips underneath. You can cook Zesty Chicken and Veggies using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zesty Chicken and Veggies
- It's 2 of chicken breast, diced large.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper, diced large.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, diced large.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper, diced large.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper, diced large.
- It's 2 cups of fresh broccoli.
- You need 1 of zucchini, sliced.
- You need 1 of red onion, diced large.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dijon mustard.
- It's 1/2 cup of zesty Italian dressing (divided.. 1/4 and 1/4).
- You need 1 tbs of lemon pepper Mrs. Dash.
Thread chicken and veggies onto skewers: I like to mix the chicken and veggies, or you can do all-chicken and all-veggie skewers, especially if there are some vegetarians in the group who might pass on the chicken. Roast or grill: Keep a close eye on the chicken, and roast or grill until it is just. This grilled chicken has a cajun kick but isn't too spicy for the youngsters to enjoy! It's a super quick (and healthy!) dinner to throw together for the family on a rushed weeknight, plus you can prepare the spice rub as far in advance as you want - we like to make one extra large batch at a time, that way we. "Quinoa with various veggies and a zesty (and easy) vinaigrette that makes a wonderful salad dressing for any salad.
Zesty Chicken and Veggies step by step
- Season chicken with the Mrs. Dash and set aside while you prep all your veggies..
- In a deep skillet, add olive oil and brown chicken on all sides (about 10 min) once its browned, add your onion and garlic. Stir fry for about 5 min..
- Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of zesty Italian dressing and mix in the mustard. Stir.
- Add in all of your veggies, toss together and pop a lid on the pan for about 5 min and let the veggies cook..
- After 5 min, stir in remaining Italian dressing, mix until well combined..
- Serve with rice or potatoes or have it alone as low carb option.
What a great summer side salad or add some chopped chicken and make it a meal! I cut the quinoa in half, used a yellow. These chicken fajitas contain zesty marinated chicken, peppers and onions, all cooked until caramelized and golden brown. Whenever I go to my local Mexican restaurant, I order the chicken fajitas. I just can't resist that tender chicken and veggies with all the fun toppings!