Not your average Sloppy Joe.
You can have Not your average Sloppy Joe using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Not your average Sloppy Joe
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper chopped.
- It's 1 of small zucchini chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- Prepare of Sliced mushrooms.
- You need 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 1 TBSP of brown sugar.
- It's 1 TBSP of ketchup.
Not your average Sloppy Joe instructions
- Sauté onion, garlic in 1 TBSP olive oil.
- Brown turkey with the onion and garlic.
- Add carrot, peppers and ginger to the pan.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and stir until softened.
- In a mixing bowl whisk remaining ingredients to create the sauce.
- Pour sauce into pan and stir. Allow mixture to bubble and thicken. Adjust seasoning to taste..
- Serve on toasted whole grain bread ( I used whole grain flat bread) For an low carb version, serve in lettuce wraps..
- Baked parsnip "fries" (pictured) make a great side..