Seafood and chicken paella. This seafood paella recipe is really special. It's not quite a traditional paella recipe, but it's packed with good stuff - chicken thighs, garlic, saffron, king prawns, mussels and lots of lovely lemon. This Chicken and Seafood Paella is a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor.
Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining. Not only is it delicious but it's a one-pot dish which makes for simple preparation and easy clean-up. This famed seafood-and-meat paella may not be traditional, but it's a favorite of diners all over the world for good reason. You can cook Seafood and chicken paella using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- You need 2 pinches of saffron.
- Prepare 10 of mussels.
- Prepare one bag of frozen seafood mix.
- Prepare 1 of chicken thigh.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- It's 1 of red paprika.
- It's 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/3 stalk of celery.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of lemon.
- It's 1 pack of basil.
- You need 1 can of canned tomatoes.
- You need 20 g of bouillon broth powder.
- It's 600 ml of water.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- It's to taste of olive oil.
The grill makes it possible Paella mixta, which combines seafood and meat, is, as any Spaniard will tell you, not a traditional type of paella. But it is enjoyed throughout the world. This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain.
Seafood and chicken paella step by step
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water. Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges. Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more.