Chicken Chow Mein. Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce.
Plus, it was one of our favorite Chinese takeout dishes so we never grew tired of seeing it show up at the family dinner table. Delish.com's Chicken Chow Mein will take less time than ordering take-out. Chow mein is our go-to for all types of meals, from an easy dinner to a serious hangover. You can have Chicken Chow Mein using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein
- You need 500 grams of Chicken thigh fillet, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 small of Wombok cabbage, sliced.
- It's 1 cup of Red cabbage, sliced.
- You need 1 large of Carrot, julienned.
- Prepare 1 large of Zucchini, julienned.
- It's 1 medium of Brown onion, into thin wedges.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Peas and corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green pepper, sliced.
- You need 2 of Packets 2 minute noodles, cooked.
- It's 3 stick of Green onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Minced ginger.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sweet chilli sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Cracked black pepper.
- It's 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of Peanut oil for frying.
Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic Chinese-American noodles upgrades them to main dish status. With big chunks of juicy chicken and a rainbow. Easy Chicken Chow Mein is the take out classic you can make at home in minutes! Tender chicken, fresh veggies and chow mein noodles are tossed in a savory sauce that tastes better than your local.
Chicken Chow Mein step by step
- Prepare veggies. Keep brown onion in separate bowl. Keep cabbages in separate bowl. Green onions in another small bowl and all other vegetables in another bowl together..
- Slice chicken and set aside..
- Cook noodles- strain and set aside..
- In a large wok. Add some peanut oil and fry brown onion for two minutes on high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute, stirring continuously. Remove and set aside..
- Now stir fry chicken in batches and set aside with onion..
- I like to clean the wok now by adding water, bring to the boil and clean wok with a plastic egg flip. Tip out water and you are right to continue..
- Add some more peanut oil and and stir fry veggies (carrot, capsicum, zucchini, cauliflower, peas and corn) for 3 minutes..
- Add sauces and spices. Stir well..
- Add cabbage and stir fry for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the while..
- When you are happy that veggies are cooked to your liking, return the cooked chicken- onion- noodles. Stir well and serve..
This classic Americanized chicken chow mein with crispy fried noodles recipe is a Chinese restaurant throwback dish that is totally dated but when prepared right, it is a healthy and tasty dish! Easy Chicken Chow Mein that anyone can make at home. This recipe yield delicious and healthy chicken chow mein that is better than Chinese takeout! "This stir-fry combines chicken breast, bok choy, zucchini, carrots, snap peas, and chow mein noodles in a flavorful Chinese-inspired sauce." Chow mein are Chinese stir-fried noodles with vegetables and sometimes meat or tofu; the name is a romanization of the Taishanese chāu-mèn. The dish is popular throughout the Chinese diaspora and appears on the menus of most Chinese restaurants abroad. Yummy chicken chow mein with the best treatment of the tender thicken meat and the best combination of vegetables and mushrooms.