Perfect Guacamole (reinvented).
You can cook Perfect Guacamole (reinvented) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfect Guacamole (reinvented)
- It's 2 of ripe avocados.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup).
- You need 1-2 of serrano chilies, stems and seeds removed, minced.
- It's 2 tbsp of cilantro leaves, finely chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of coarse salt.
- You need 1 (1 dash) of freshly grated black pepper.
- You need 1/2 of ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of to 3 Garlic, pressed (optional).
- Prepare 1 of Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.
Perfect Guacamole (reinvented) instructions
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. (See How to Cut and Peel an Avocado.).
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt, pressed garlic and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve.Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste..
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready..
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix. Serves 2-4..