Chillie peas-matoke served with guacamole. Pea guacamole keeps its bright hue in the fridge for a few days without turning brown around the edges. Adjust salt and lime juice as needed and garnish with fresh peas, sunflower seeds and flaky sea salt. Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.
Peas add a little sweetness and chunkiness to the guacamole; they also intensify the green color of the dip. Garnish with more chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips. Note: The original recipe, as published in The New York Times, called for garnishing the guacamole with some. You can cook Chillie peas-matoke served with guacamole using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chillie peas-matoke served with guacamole
- Prepare 4 of matoke.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of greenpeas.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of carrots(medium).
- You need 1 of medium capsicum.
- You need 2 of ripe tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- It's of Chillies(optional).
- You need of Ginger(thumb size).
- Prepare of Garlic powder/3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Mixed spices(tropical heat).
- It's of Cayenne spice.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Cooking oil.
- It's of Tomato paste(optional).
The recipe in question folds three avocados with a half pound of sweet peas, which food columnist Melissa Clark describe as adding an "intense sweetness". However, he continued to serve as an upper house MP and as a member of the Labor party. On Friday the NSW ALP leader, Jodi McKay, said Moselmane's membership of the party would be suspended immediately pending the investigation. She said she had "very limited information" on the investigation.
Chillie peas-matoke served with guacamole instructions
- Prepare your matoke,carrots and potatoes,clean them and set aside.
- Blunch the peas in salty water and set aside.... You can add a pinch of baking powder to retain the green colour..
- Boil your matoke which you have cut into halves in salty water for 5 minutes... Don't over cook them.
- Set them aside.
- In a clean sufuria, fry your onions, garlic and ginger paste till golden brown. But for my case i used garlic powder. Add in your tomatoes and capsicum...cook untill it forms a paste then add in your chopped chillies.
- Add in your carrots and potatoes and cook them in low heat for 2 minutes... Add in the mixed spices, cayenne and any other spice of your choice..
- Let them cook for a minute then add water and let them cook down untill the stock reduces...add in the peas and matoke.add water to cover a little and let it simmer for 6-7 minutes or when the potatoes are soft... When you pork with a fork it slides in easily.
- Garnish with dania and serve hot with guacamole..
- Present according to your liking..... Enjoy.
Simple Guacamole: The simplest version of guacamole is just mashed avocados with salt. This was everything guacamole should be: smooth and creamy with just the right amount of flavor. Nothing overpowering, nothing artificial, no jarred Delicious. NOTES: *I leave out the tomatoes and serve pico de gallo alongside. On the rare occasion there are leftovers, mixed-in tomato makes the.