Cherry pie. She's my cherry pie Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise Tastes so good makes a grown man cry Sweet Cherry Pie. Swingin' on the front porch Swingin' on the lawn Swingin' where we want 'Cause. pie, oh yeah She's my cherry pie Put a smile on your face, ten miles wide Looks so good, bring a tear to your eye Sweet cherry pie Sweet cherry pie, yeah, huh Swing it! Cherry pie is a pie baked with a cherry filling.
For the cherry pie filling, you may use your favorite cherry variety - or mix and match! Bake an all-American Cherry Pie recipe from Food Network using fresh or frozen cherries and a buttery pie dough crust From Just Pies, in Columbus, OH, comes this recipe for classic cherry pie. Most commercial cherry pies, and the cherry pies my grandmother used to make for us growing up, are made with sour cherries, which are bright, bright red, and almost impossible to find fresh. You can cook Cherry pie using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cherry pie
- Prepare 1 of recipe 2 shell pie crust. (see my flaky pie crust recipe).
- It's 6-7 cups of fresh picked and pitted sour cherries. (you can use frozen. use about 2.5 lbs).
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It's 6 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It's 2 Tbsp of butter for dotting.
- It's 2 Tbsp of milk (to brush on crust).
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar (to sprinkle on milk.).
This homemade cherry pie is my second favorite pie after apple pie, and it's the best recipe out there. Trust me, I've tried quite a few. It has no fancy ingredients, and it tastes divine and homey. This cherry pie is the one to make — featuring a lightly sweetened filling that lets the fresh cherries shine, and a gorgeous lattice crust that absolutely anyone can master.
Cherry pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl combine cherries, vanilla, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well. Let stand 5-10 minutes..
- Roll out first crust and line pie plate with it..
- Pour cherry mixture into pie plate.
- Roll out top crust. I like to cut strips and make a lattice top..
- Dot pie with butter and place top crust on pie.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie in oven on the middle rack and bake 35- 40 minutes, until crust is brown and pie is bubbly.
- Allow pie to sit at least one hour before cutting to allow sauce to thicken..
Recipe with step-by-step photos for Cherry Pie, inspired by the cult TV series, Twin Peaks.