You can cook Cherry Pies using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Pies
- You need 1 sheet of gluten free pastry.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 450 g of cherries stones removed.
- It's 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It's 2 teaspoons of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water.
Cherry Pies step by step
- Place the cherries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over a medium heat Simmer for 20 minutes then stir in the dissolved cornstarch.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes Set aside while you prep the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Roll out until the sheet of pastry Cut out 12 equal sized circles.
- Spread the cherries onto six of the pastry circles leaving about 1cm of space around the edge of the pastry, this stops the filling leaking everywhere when you bake the pastries.
- Brush the space you have left at the edge of the pastries with the beaten egg Place the remaining six circles of pastry on top of the filled slices.
- Seal the edges by pressing down with a fork all the way round the perimeter Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut a little steam hole in the middle of ech pastry Brush the pastries with the beaten egg and sprinkle on a little extra sugar if you like.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown Serve dusted with a little icing sugar.