Light Strawberry Jam.
You can cook Light Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Light Strawberry Jam
- You need 2 lb of crushed strawberries.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened white grape juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Ball RealFruit Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin.
Light Strawberry Jam instructions
- Note: This is a recipe taken (and altered) from the Ball website. I needed to calculate the amount of calories per serving..
- You will need 8 half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands.
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside..
- COMBINE strawberries and juice in a 6- to 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary..
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight..
- PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed..