Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam.
You can have Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam
- You need 4 cup of fresh cranberries.
- Prepare 1 packages of 16oz frozen strawberries (thawed).
- You need 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Prepare of equipment.
- It's 1 of large sauce pot.
- It's 5 of 8oz jelly jars with lids & bands.
- You need 1 of water bath canner.
- Prepare 1 of canning funnel.
- It's 1 of canning tongs.
Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam instructions
- Sterilize jars&bands according to manufacturers instructions. I sterilize jars in the water canner so the water is ready for processing when jam is cooked..
- Bring a small pan of water to boil.Remove from heat add lids and set aside..
- Strain strawberries Reserving the juice. Crush strawberries and set aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to equal 1and 1/2 cup..
- Wash cranberries. In large pot add cranberries sugar and juice/water mixture..
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Continue to stir so this will not burn.
- After 15 minutes add crushed strawberries bring back up to rolling boil reduce heat and simmer for additional 10 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- After 10 minutes remove jam from heat. Spoon jam into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Make sure no air is in jam, l do this by taking a wooden skewer and stiirring jam. Clean jar rims and place lids and bands on.do not over tighten hand tight is fine..
- Add jars to water bath canner and process for recommended time for jam according to where you live.Where I live its 10 minutes..
- After processing remove from canner and let sit undisturbed for 24 hours. After 24 hours enjoy or store in cool dark place up to 9 months. If you have a jar that doesn't seal store in refrigerator and use within 3 weeks..