You can have Strawberry Jam using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Jam
- Prepare 2 lbs of strawberries, washed and hulled.
- Prepare 1 of apple, grated.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of sugar.
- You need 1/2 of lemon, juiced.
Strawberry Jam step by step
- Mash strawberries (can do this with a fork or a potato masher).
- Put in a large saucepan with apple, lemon and sugar.
- Warm slowly until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn up the heat and boil rapidly for 5 minutes. It should thicken and turn jammy!.
- Cool and when it's completely cold you can freeze it in portions. Or just eat it straight away - absolutely lovely on toast or with scones and cream!.