Rhubarb and strawberry jam. Canning in jars is easy when you know How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Jam from fresh rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon without pectin. This tangy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe is a favorite with my family. They'll put it on almost anything, but especially like it on muffins or buttermilk biscuits. —Deb Kooistra, Kitchener, Ontario.
And, dear reader, I cannot believe that I. No pectin is needed. just lemon juice to aid the setting. I decided to update the photographs of my Rhubarb & Strawberry Jam this week as I found myself with glut of. You can have Rhubarb and strawberry jam using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and strawberry jam
- You need 900 grams of diced rhubarb.
- It's 250 grams of clean strawberries.
- It's 1 kg of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 sachet of powder pectin.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juiced.
Katzcradul demonstrates how to make 'Rhubarb Strawberry Jam'. Place rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and lemon juice into a deep saucepan and place over medium heat. Seal with lid and stand to cool. This jam is a celebration of spring strawberries and rhubarb.
Rhubarb and strawberry jam instructions
- Mix sugar and pectin and rhubarb. Cover and refrigerate until sugar starts dissolving or overnight..
- Transfer to maslim pan and stir until sugar dissolved. Simmer stirring occasionally until rhubarb soft and mixture has thickened. Should be close to setting temperature.
- Add hulled strawberries and let it simmer for about 12 minutes or until setting point..
- Check it wrinkles when you push a drop of jam in a cold plate..
- Let it rest for about 15 minutes. Remove any foam from surface.
- Stir and pot in warm sterilised jars.
- Seal and label.
The combination of the two fruits has long been a popular one. Have you ever had lots of strawberries not knowing what to do with them? Well here is a very simple recipe of an. Have you ever made a jam which can also be used for making tea? Have you ever had lots of strawberries not knowing what to.