Crushed Strawberry Jam.
You can have Crushed Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crushed Strawberry Jam
- Prepare 4 of packs Strawberries.
- Prepare 400 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon.
Crushed Strawberry Jam step by step
- Rinse the strawberries, drain well, and hull. Squeeze the lemon juice..
- In an enamel or stainless steel pan, add the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar..
- Put on a high heat and simmer whilst stirring occasionally to prevent burning. A lot of scum will be produced, so keep skimming the pot..
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the moisture has evaporated and the mixture has thickened. Roughly crush the strawberries with a masher and it's done..
- To store, pour the jam into an airtight container that has been sterilized with boiling water and keep refrigerated..
- You should have a ratio of 3 parts strawberry to 1 part sugar. Calculate the amount of sugar you need based on the weight of the strawberries..