Gentle Flavor Strawberry Jam.
You can cook Gentle Flavor Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gentle Flavor Strawberry Jam
- Prepare 1 of Strawberry.
- Prepare 40 of % of the strawberries by weight Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of for 2 packs Lemon.
Gentle Flavor Strawberry Jam step by step
- Preparation Sterilize jars to store the jam, a strainer to drain the moisture, and tongs to use while you are making the jam. Rest them in a strainer..
- Pour salt water in a bowl and immerse the strawberries. Rinse the strawberries under the water to remove any excess dirt. Take them out of the water and remove the stems..
- Weigh the strawberries. Put the sugar equivalent to 40% of the strawberries in a bowl. Put strawberries in a pan, and add some sugar. Then add more strawberries and repeat.This will help coat the strawberries with sugar evenly..
- Rest for a 2 or 3 hours to a half day. Moisture will come out from the strawberries. You can make the jam even if you skip this step..
- Cook over medium to high heat. More and more moisture and scum will be released. Remove the scum carefully..
- Don't stir until the jam has thickened. When 70 - 80% of the moisture is gone, squash the strawberries..
- Steps 6 and 7 are optional. For those of you who prefer leaving the strawberries whole, you don't need those steps..
- Turn off the heat. Squeeze on some lemon and stir. Cool down a bit, and pour into the jar. It's done!!.