You can cook Strawberry Jam using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Jam
- It's 500 grams of Strawberries.
- You need 200 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of half a lemon Lemon juice.
Strawberry Jam instructions
- Wash the strawberries and remove as much moisture as possible. Place the strawberries and sugar in a thick pot. Leave for awhile until the sugar begins to dissolve..
- Turn the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes. Simmer while gently stirring. Skim off the scum occasionally, making sure not to crush the strawberries..
- When the liquid becomes a dark red, add the lemon juice and lower the heat to low..
- Boil down the liquid while stirring and making sure it doesn't burn. When it becomes just a little bit more runny than your preferred thickness, turn off the heat..
- When it cools, it will harden a little bit. To preserve for a long time, pour it into a jar while it's still hot..
- Sanitize the jar by putting it, along with the spoon and a lot of water, into a pot. Boil for 5 minutes and then remove..
- Fill the jar to the brim with jam, close the lid, and turn upside down for a little while. It will be good in the refrigerator for 6 months. If you just wash the jar, it will be good for 1 week..
- Blueberry jam is also cute! The procedure is the same. You can also freeze it..