Cherry Tomato Cobbler.
You can cook Cherry Tomato Cobbler using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cherry Tomato Cobbler
- It's of Biscuits.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cold butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- It's 3/4 cup of finely ground cornmeal.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need of Filling.
- You need 2 pints of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 medium of red onion.
- It's 1 of fresh basil garnish.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
- It's 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper.
Cherry Tomato Cobbler instructions
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Grease a medium ovenproof skillet (non-cast iron) with olive oil or butter.
- Cut the butter into cubes.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Put flour, cornmeal, baking powder & soda in a food processor with a sprinkle of salt.
- Add cubed butter & pulse until the mixture looks like coarse bread crumbs.
- Add the beaten egg & buttermilk, pulse into a thick, sticky batter.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes; put them in a medium bowl.
- Peel &I thinly slice the garlic, add to the tomatoes.
- Trim, peel, halve & slice the red onion; add it to the tomato mixture.
- Drizzle the tomato mixture with some olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper; toss.
- Put tomato mixture in the skillet & spoon dollops of the biscuit batter across the top.
- Bake until the biscuits are golden & cooked through, and the tomatoes & onion are softened, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan &I torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.