Red Berry Cobbler.
You can cook Red Berry Cobbler using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Berry Cobbler
- You need 2 cups of unbleached AP flour.
- It's 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of cold unsalted butter.
- It's 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 of vanilla bean.
- It's 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need of zest of 1 lemon.
- It's 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 of dry red wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of dried sour cherries.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh raspberries.
- You need 2 cups of strawberries (hulled and cut in half).
- Prepare 3 tsp of powdered sugar.
Red Berry Cobbler instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk and stir with fork until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and pat each into a 2 inch biscuit. Bake on parchment paper until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Slice vanilla bean lengthwise, and scrape seeds inti medium bowl.
- Add vanilla bean, honey, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Being red wine to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in honey lixture and reduce to simmer.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cherries, raspberries, and strawberries, and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves, another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove and discard vanilla bean.
- Butter twelve 4-oz ramekins. Divide biscuits in half and evenly distribute half the biscuits in the bottom of each dish..
- Spoon equal amounts of berry filling over biscuits and crumble remaining biscuits over the top..
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bubbling.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Dust tops with powdered sugar and serve immediately.