Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad. A stupidly easy Italian pasta salad with rotini, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onion, salami, olives, herbs, and a drench of quick homemade Italian dressing. (Also, DeLallo! The semi-rough texture is unrivaled for sauce-soakage. I get mine at Target or Cub Foods.) Italian Pasta Salad is one of our favorite pasta salad recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links. So many tasty Italian pasta salads to choose from. Antipasto and pesto salads, creamy or tangy salads, and many more. You can cook Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad
- Prepare 1 can of black pitted olives sliced or leave whole.
- Prepare 3-4 of vine tipe tomatoes sliced into bite size pieces (you can use any kind of tomato).
- Prepare 1 packages of mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes or however you like (I buy the round one from Aldi's).
- Prepare 1/2-1 block of mozzarella cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 packages of sliced pepperoni (cut into fours, I cut them in half and then half again).
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber (cut into fours or whichever size you want).
- Prepare 1 box of any kind of pasta noodles.
- Prepare 1 of medium or small onion, diced (sweet or red, your choice).
- Prepare 1 packages of regular ham, honey ham or any other ham cut into bite size pieces.
- It's 1 bottle of Italian dressing (you can use regular or zesty).
This Italian pasta salad features all the caprese ingredients and then some: mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, plus artichoke hearts and arugula. How long does pasta salad with Italian dressing last? Pasta salad with the dressing on it can be stored for later with no problems. If you like this recipe you may also be.
Taisen's semi Italian pasta salad step by step
- Boil your pasta noodles until done. Remove from heat, drain and let cool. You don't have to use the entire box. I didn't. I used maybe half or a bit over half..
- While the noodles cool, start prepping the rest of the ingredients..
- Open and drain black olives. Slice them length wise, in half or leave whole. Your choice..
- Rinse off the tomatoes, and slice into bite size or you can use grape tomatoes..
- Rinse, peel and slice your cucumber into bite size pieces..
- Slice up your block of mozzarella cheese into small bite sizes. Slice your soft round mozzarella into thin slices or however you like..
- Take your ham and chop it up into pieces or into long thin lengths. I used deli ham..
- Chop up your onion if using onion..
- For the pepperoni, you can leave them sliced as is or cut up. I cut mine into fours..
- When the noodles are cool, add some of the Italian dressing. Mix. Start adding in everything that you chopped and sliced. Mix well. You don't have to use the entire bottle..
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least an hour. Enjoy ;).
I was inspired to make this because I went on a Salami Bender* after the Salami Cream Cheese Roll I shared a couple of weeks ago. This Italian dressing is one of my all time favourite Pasta Salad Dressings. Dried herbs, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, a touch of sugar, pinch of red. Italian pasta salad is made with fresh vegetables, cheese, salami, and a vinaigrette are tossed with your favorite pasta to create an perfect dish for Ingredients for pasta salad: Bold Flavors: cheese, salami, olives, and Italian seasonings add a big punch of flavor. Crunch: Bell pepper adds great for.