Chicken pesto pasta salad. This chicken pesto pasta salad is quick, easy, and a great way to use up leftover chicken. The perfect make-ahead salad for summer entertaining. This basil pesto pasta salad was definitely a BIG hit at our house.
Try our easy to follow chicken pesto pasta recipe. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet directions. Fabulous Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad that's tossed in a deliciously creamy spinach basil pesto made with yogurt to keep it on the lighter side for a perfect summer dish! You can have Chicken pesto pasta salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pesto pasta salad
- It's 3 cup of mixed salad leaves.
- You need 1/2 of a large cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of medium sliced onion.
- You need 2 large of chicken breasts.
- You need 250 grams of cooked pasta of your choice.
- It's 1 of salt, pepper, thyme, paprika/chilli powder, chicken spice or any spices of your choice to season the chicken.
- You need 1 of tsp lemon juice (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of crushed garlic.
- Prepare 1 of bit of oil to toss pasta, and a few tbsp of butter to cook chicken.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pesto.
It's summertime, which means picnics and potlucks are in full swing and I feel like we're always going to someone's house or having. This chicken pesto pasta salad is light, healthy and packed with the perfect pesto flavor! Great for BBQs, brunches, baby showers & more! The combination of flavors in this pesto chicken salad is seriously to-die-for!
Chicken pesto pasta salad instructions
- Mix salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl.
- Season chicken filets with spices, garlic and lemon juice. Grill in some butter until cooked..
- Toss cooked pasta with some oil, and then mix in about 6 tbsp of pesto..
- Slice cooked chicken in half lengthways, and then slice again into thin slices.
- Mix chicken and pasta together.
- Lastly, mix together chicken and pasta, together with salad. You can add extra seasonings, salad oil, dressings, feta, olives or any garnishing of your choice. Serve warm or cold..
It's so easy to throw together and can be eaten as both a main or side dish. Pesto chicken pasta salad is one of my summertime staples. This quick and easy salad recipe uses pasta, pesto, canned chicken, and vegetables. You can use your favorite vegetables in this simple salad. Add some chopped yellow summer squash or add some grated carrots.