California Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing.
You can cook California Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of California Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing
- It's 1.25 lb of flank steak.
- It's 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt & pepper to season.
- Prepare 8 oz. of fresh arugula.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, sliced into 1" rings (keep them together you're going to grill them).
- Prepare 1 lb. of asparagus, trimmed.
- It's 1 pint of assorted cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, sliced.
- Prepare of Chimichurri Dressing:.
- It's 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 cup of fresh cilantro.
- It's 2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- It's 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It's to taste of salt & pepper.
California Steak Salad with Chimichurri Dressing instructions
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Season asparagus and onion rings with olive oil and salt..
- Place asparagus and onion rings on grill. Grill the asparagus for 4-5 minutes and remove. Grill the onion rings for 4-5 minutes per side until char marks appear. Remove and set aside..
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive to flank steak, rub into both side. Season both sides with salt & pepper..
- Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 3-5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. (make sure you slice it against the grain).
- While the steak is resting add the following to a small food processor: a garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper..
- Blend until smooth and looks like a dressing. Assemble the salad, add fresh arugula, grilled red onion slices, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, and sliced flank steak to a large serving platter. Serve with Chimichurri Dressing on the side! Garnish with a lime..