Swiss chard & quinoa salad. Try this simple sautéed Swiss chard recipe. In the spectrum of greens, Swiss chard lies between spinach and kale—not as tender as spinach, not as tough as kale. But like spinach, you can easily.
Swiss chard—or simply "chard"—is a member of the beet family that does well in both cool and warm Swiss chard is best known for its bright and colorful stems, which come in a rainbow of. Swiss chard is a leafy green vegetable that is packed with nutrients. Swiss Chard Botanical name: Beta vulgaris. You can cook Swiss chard & quinoa salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swiss chard & quinoa salad
- Prepare 1 of large bunch of red swiss chard finely chopped (stems included).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of red and gold quinoa.
- You need 1/4 cup of tamari sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- It's 1/4 cup of dry cranberries.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of rasberry vinegar or apple cidar vinegar.
- It's 2 tablespoon of old fashion mustard.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dry tarragon.
- Prepare to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
Swiss chard is not only a superstar in Mediterranean cooking, but is also one of the most nutritious vegetables around today. Swiss chard possesses an impressive amount of phytonutrients which are the source of The consumption of Swiss chard helps to enhance the circulation of blood and oxygenation of organs in. Swiss chard helps to prevent cancer, regulate blood sugar levels, improve digestion, and bone health. Other benefits include detoxifying the body and reducing fever.
Swiss chard & quinoa salad step by step
- Cook the quinoa as per package instructions and let cool down a bit..
- Mix all ingredients together; quinoa must be warm but not too hot..
- Serve as a side dish with grilled meat or fish. Can be served warm or cold..
Browse All Swiss chard Recipes. chard chard. spinach beet. leaf beet. seakale beet. silver beet. white beet. Wikipedia Article About Swiss Chard on Wikipedia. Chard (Beta vulgaris var. cicla), also known as Swiss Chard, Silverbeet, Perpetual Spinach or Marigold, is a leaf vegetable. Chard is a dark leafy green that can be used fresh or cooked, much like spinach. Discover how to prepare and enjoy this rainbow-stemmed vegetable.