Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg. Sweet potatoes are packed with flavor and nutrition, they bring rich flavor and color to this risotto. The chard balances the sweetness of the sweet potatoes, and Remove rosemary sprig from the broth. With a wooden spoon, stir rice slowly.
Serve the risotto as a side dish or serve as a main dish or lunch with a chopped salad and crusty bread. Arborio rice is an excellent choice for risotto. Sweet potato and mushrooms are an unexpectedly delicious pairing for risotto, but these two ingredients work well together. You can have Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg
- You need 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- It's 2 of sprigs fresh rosemary, divided, 1 stripped of leaves.
- You need 1 medium of sweet potato.
- It's 4 cup of fresh chard greens.
- You need 1 small of shallot.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Arborio rice.
- It's 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 oz of Parmesan, divided and shaved.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper, to taste.
Thee sweet potatoes, which are boiled and then pureed, lend the dish a lovely hue when stirred in at the end, along with the sauteed mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and. Sprinkle on some more Parm and rosemary, and voila! Rosemary and parmesan make this sweet potato an incredibly delicious and easy to make side dish. Due credit goes to my friend and neighbor, Matt, who improvised the sweet potato toppings.
Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg instructions
- In a medium saucepot, combine bouillon cube and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add one sprig of rosemary to broth and set aside..
- Peel and shred sweet potato; it should amount to about 3 cups. Remove the stems and roughly chop the chard greens. Finely chop the shallot..
- Heat a medium saucepot over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Add shallots to the pot, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Arborio rice. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 more minutes or until lightly toasted. Add sweet potatoes and chard and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Remove rosemary sprig from the broth. Add 1/2 cup of broth to Arborio rice and sweet potato mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir rice slowly and thoroughly so it begins to absorb the liquid. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add another 1/2 cup of broth. Repeat this process 4 more times until all the broth is gone and the rice is plump and tender, which should take around 15-20 minutes. Add butter, half of the Parmesan, ground nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and remove from heat..
- Finely chop remaining rosemary leaves. Spoon risotto onto the center of each plate and top with chopped rosemary and remaining Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!.
He chopped up some fresh rosemary from my herb garden, chives from his garden, and added a pat. Stir in shredded sweet potatoes and continue to add vegetable broth. Sliced sweet potatoes with one wee little yellow potato in the mix, sprinkled with a touch of thyme, lots of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and baked to The combination of sweet potatoes and Parmesan was really good. Can't wait to have the leftovers for breakfast. But I'm thinking next time, rosemary!