You can cook Smothered Chard using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered Chard
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 of medium brown mushrooms.
- It's 2 bunches of chard.
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of stone ground mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of bubbies horseradish.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It's 2 pinches of salt.
- Prepare 2 pinches of pepper stuff.
Smothered Chard instructions
- Slice the onion however you like. For this dish I recommend a fine rainbow cut..
- Wash and quarter the mushrooms, first nipping the tips off the drier stems..
- Warm some oil in a large sautee pan..
- Add onion and cook over medium low, stirring occasionally, until translucent..
- Wash the greens and remove the stems..
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Toss in the chard and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until the greens wilt down, just a few minutes, then serve..