Quinoa Chard Stir Fry. Add the salt, pepper and sugar. Toss together, and add the soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for two to three minutes until the chard leaves are tender and the stems and red peppers are crisp-tender.
Push quinoa mixture to the sides of the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add the sliced onion to the skillet. Searching for a quick, warm, healthy breakfast and came up with this one day with some leftover red chard and quinoa. You can cook Quinoa Chard Stir Fry using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Chard Stir Fry
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pre cooked rice or quinoa.
- It's 1 of potato (yukon or russet) cubed.
- It's 4 of strips bacon cubed.
- Prepare 1 of - 1/2 bunch red chard or spinach.
- It's 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2 of -3 shakes la choy soy sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt and black pepper to taste.
I can't eat eggs but made it for someone else who said eggs were super yummy with it! Enjoy and I would definitely love to hear feed back! Thank you =) Quinoa Chard Stir Fry. Searching for a quick, warm, healthy breakfast and came up with this one day with some leftover red chard and quinoa.
Quinoa Chard Stir Fry step by step
- In a medium saucepan saute red chard or spinach in butter over medium heat. (The heat will depend on your stove top. I have an electric range so I start mine on med to get it nice and hot then turn it down a little before med-low half way through cooking) When leaves become half wilted season with garlic powder. Remove from pan when leaves become fully wilted..
- Peel and cut potato into half inch cubes. Put potato cubes into a covered microwave safe bowl. (Make sure your lid is NOT SEALED before you microwave it!) Add an inch to half inch of water to container then microwave for 2 min and 30 sec or until potatoes feel soft to poke of a fork..
- While potatoes microwave add bacon cubes and precooked rice or quinoa to your medium sized pan. (I use the same pan I cooked the spinach/chard in for added flavor) Saute over medium heat..
- When bacon becomes half cooked add you steamed potatoes and saute until the potatoes become slightly golden brown. Add your spinach/chard back into the pan. Mix it all in than dash your 2-3 shakes of soy sauce. Add pepper or salt if desired than stir and enjoy!.
I can't eat eggs but made it for someone else who said eggs were super yummy with it! Enjoy and I would definitely love to hear feed back! Thank you =) Stir-fry for a minute or two, until it begins to color, and remove to a plate. Swirl in remaining oil and add garlic and ginger. This Tofu & Quinoa Stir Fry is: Quick.