Balsamic-Braised Chicken with Swiss Chard.
You can cook Balsamic-Braised Chicken with Swiss Chard using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Balsamic-Braised Chicken with Swiss Chard
- It's 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, minced.
- You need 5 tsp of minced fresh thyme or 1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 of anchovy fillet, rinsed and minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It's 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained.
- It's 1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth.
- It's 1/4 cup of dry red wine.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 12 of (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimed.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 6 oz of Swiss chard, stemmed and leaves slices 1/2 inch thick.
Balsamic-Braised Chicken with Swiss Chard step by step
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, thyme, tomato paste, garlic, anchovy, and red pepper flakes and cook until onion is softened and lightly browned. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in vinegar, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps; cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes, and transfer to a slow cooker..
- Stir tomatoes, broth, wine, and bay leaves into slow cooker. Season chicken with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4-6 hours on low..
- Gently stir in chard, cover, and cook on high until tender, 20-30 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let braising liquid settled for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using a large spoon. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon 1 cup sauce over chicken and serve with remaining sauce..